|Horace Finaly School||Navigation||finaly.org|
| In other languages: Català | Deutsch | Español | Esperanto | Français | Italiano | Română |
Google Translate: Català | Deutsch | Español | Esperanto | Français | Italiano | Română
Essay/Chapter 13. Imperialization of the telematic monetary network
Chapter 13. IMPERIALIZATION OF THE TELEMATIC MONETARY NETWORK
- 1. The battle for information
- 2. Information for everybody
- 3. Information as an active factor of production
The other basic instrumental measure, complementary to the introduction of the cheque-invoice as the sole legal monetary instrument, is the imperialization —that is: «socialization in the whole empire»— of the telematic monetary network, and of all the analytic-statistic information on market and society obtained through it.
This measure is the only effective guarantee that the monetary information will not be monopolized by power groups (factual or official powers) in their own benefit and against population.
1. The battle for information
Information is a decisive and essential element when an effective and intelligent action must be taken.
Bankers, for example, have carried out their profession since ancient times, thanks to the fact that they have exact information on the needs of the market at any given time, and this allows to offer good business opportunities to their clients, who trust them. Thanks to the good business the client does, the banker does a very good one, because he has only put his intelligence, his flair and his information, while the client has put his money.
But we also say that «knowledge is power»: who has the information may try to get a benefit taking advantage of those who have not. Almost always when an information is held secret, esoteric, occult, reserved to a few, this knowledge degenerates into power over and against persons. Let us remember, for example, the false miracles made by priests of pagan religions: they know some inventions, tricks or physical laws and use them to daze the credulous population, making it therefore more fearful and resigned.
Nowadays, the power systems through information are much more sophisticated. In many States technologically in the lead, telematic systems for the police control and identification of population are being prepared. As far as the monetary information is concerned, which is the one we are now interested in, it is a monopoly of the banks, each one of them however only with respect to its own clients. Electronic payment will extend more and more and therefore also the information of the banks on the monetary activities of their customers will becore more and more complete.
Under these conditions, a clear option must be chosen:
- either we leave things to go on as they are, a few accumulating information and the most completely uninformed;
- or we give up the telematic currency, which, besides being impossible, means giving up an evident progress;
- or we radicalize the situation, giving it a revolutionary turn: a fully informative monetary system, but putting at the disposal of the social body the information obtained through it. This is, obviously, our choice.
2. Information for everybody
The pro-telematic cheque-invoice supplies a thourough information on the whole of the elementary monetary actions produced in the geopolitical community in every time period under consideration.
We have already said in chapter 6 of the Part Two, that Justice must become the only guardian of all the cheque-invoices archives, and the preserver of the privacy every person has a right to, and also of the professional and industrial secret. Therefore, no monetary information concerning specific persons will be made public.
But we have also said in chapter 8, that the centralization and integration of cheque-invoices —void of any reference to specific persons— gives place to a sectorial and global analytic-statistics of the whole empire, and it is this information which must be put at the disposal also of the whole empire.
In order to make this availability to come into effect in the daily routine, it is necessary to constitutionalise the imperialization of the whole telematic monetary network, and of all the analytic-statistic information obtained through it, and of all the human teams cooperating in it.
The imperialization or «socialization in terms of the whole empire» implies, in our project:
- the free property and private initiative in the production of technical equipments, both with respect to machines and to programmes;
- the purchase of all the necessary equipment for the setup of the network and its maintenance, besides the salaries of all the members of the data-processing technical equipments which should be established, fully charged to the communal Treasury;
- the free access, without charge, to any member of the empire (individual, collective or communal), to any analytic-statistic information , sectorial or global, produced by the telematic monetary network.
In this way, the telematic monetary network will become a real communal asset.
It is obvious, however, that this cannot be done in one day. It will then be necessary for the law to foresee a slow and progressive imperialization plan, which could consider, for example:
- with respect to the material equipments, at the beginning a rent of all the existing facilities, in their free periods, at the price of the free market, and with final purchasing option; and, as soon as it becomes possible, the purchase of new equipments;
- with respect to human equipments, charged of continuously working out and perfecting the analysis and statistics programmes, the progressive constitution of equipments more and more centralized and specialized.
The whole anbalytic-statistic information, objective and thorough, on the monetary market and society, obtained through the centralized and imperialized telematic monetary network, will be put at the free disposal, without charge:
- of all the population in general: the man in the street, and free citizens, wishing to be always informed about the evolution of the macro-utilitarian magnitudes of their empire, inter-ethnic group, ethnic group, county, town, district.
- of all the utilitarian agents, both producers and consumers, but very especially the first ones, who will then be able to act in the market with a much greater knowledge of the facts and, therefore, with more effectiveness.
- of all the researchers of the monetary market and society, who will then be able to experimentally confirm or invalidate their models, up to now exclusively theoretical.
- and of the State which, as a manager of the empire, will then have available a privileged instrument for the automatic government of things: the exact and thorough knowledge of the market will allow to find the best formulae, the most profitable and less grievous for the community, to make up the monetary hoard through which all the needs appearing in the community will be taken care of.
The popularization of this information is also very easy to organize, telematically, through different systems: telematic screens in public buildings (for example, Savings Banks), special consulting offices, or even the home television screen, which can supply the information under form of graphs of synthetic images, playing with forms, colours... in such a way that a vulgarization will be attained, available to all levels of popular culture and to any TV-watcher.
3. Information as an active factor of production
We have considered that on the market there are four producing or production agents: labour, capital, companies, and inventions. These are private agents, paid by the company.
Their effectiveness and importance in the production processes grow in the same order in which we have remunerated them: invention is the fundamental element in any production progress; the company and capitals are necessary to set up the productive processes implied in any new invention; as far as labour is concerned, this is nowadays the most unimportant factor, because of the technological revolution, which robotizes whole production lines.
But a new active production factor is becoming essential nowadays: information. Information is like the grease which allows the gears to run: it increases and improves the action of the other factors, reducing them to the minimum:
- it accelerates mental processes, favouring invention;
- it allows capital to make better-oriented investments and, as a consequence, with less risk;
- it allows a more effective, decentralized and responsbile company management;
- it frees man from repetitive and alienating work, reserving for him the decisions of creativity and responsibility.
In practice, information is the most important production factor. For this reason we may easily understand the market revolution which would imply the imperialization and subsequent gratuitousness of all the analytic-statistic market information. Production would result enormously improved, costs would be reduced, every company would have access to all the necessary information and, therefore, could choose the best production and competitiveness conditions.
On an imperial level, the free and flowing information makes completely unnecessary all sorts of productive information, because the informative, dynamic and continuous feedback is enough to ensure the necessary adjustments in the action of every production unit.
Summarizing, free information is one of the best existing communal goods, and it is improved to the maximum when it is freely distributed.